Since I had half of a papaya left over from making an invigorating papaya facial, I looked around for a recipe using papaya and found this this one in Salsa, Sambals, Chutneys And Chow-Chows
I love fruity salsa's and this one is really fresh and mild tasting. (Since I only had half of a papaya, I quartered the recipe and it made just the right amount for myself and three play-date moms).
What you'll need:
- 1 C cooked or canned black beans
- 2 ripe papayas, peeled and seeded, diced small
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 green bell pepper (I used yellow), diced small
- 1/2 red oncion, diced small
- 3/4 C pineapple juice
- 1/2 C lime juice (~ 4 limes)
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp minced red or green chile pepper of your choice (I used red)
- fresh cracked black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients and mix well. This salsa will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 4-5 days.